Thursday, May 13, 2010

Today, I'm Shopping for Interview Attire

Four days after graduation I've scored my first job interview. Let me just start by saying that a practical and financially savvy college graduate would go shopping for the perfect interview attire in his or her closet; however, I've given in to my craving for a fresh outfit, I'm going shopping.

Now, what to wear? Interviews are all about making a positive impression and giving the employer a sense of who you are. But just how much of a statement should an outfit make at an interview? I think I'll go for business chic; something that shows I'm professional without eliciting a yawn. I did some research on this Spring's trends and found that ruffles and pencil skirts are in.

Spring 2010 Office Trends: Elegant Shirts and Blouses

Summer Interview Style

I'm going to have to improvise with a few pieces I already own because a totally new outfit would break the bank (let's face it, it's pretty much already broken). However, here's my goal: a classic, clean look with a fun attitude that says I mean business and I'm ready to climb the ladder, even if that means starting at the lowest rung.

No comments:

Post a Comment